Sunday, April 19, 2009

To Move or Not to Move.............................

I randomly look at houses for sale on the internet. I like my house, but in the back of my mind I always want to move. Since it is the house that I grew up in, I have never quite felt like it is my own. Well I found a house that I absolutely love!! So I showed it to Joe and he liked it too. We took the next step and called one of our friends who is a real estate agent so that he could look farther into it. Well he called us back and said that it was a short sale and that it was a half million dollar home for 289000. However, if we want to buy this home we couldn't have any contigencies. We would have to be approved for the loan and have sold our house prior to making any offers on short sales, Basically this house will be gone before we could put an offer in on it. He did say however, that there are tons of short sales and forclosures, many that have never even been lived in. Mostly in Lehi, Saratoga Springs, Draper, and Herriman. So being the impulsive people that we are we got pre-approved for our loan and have started getting our house ready to sale. Hopefully, it will be up by the end of the month. We will then live with my mom or get an apartment for a short while while we bid on homes. Scary to get rid of our house without a house picked out, but hopefully a good investment in the end. The only thing that I am worried about is finding a house that doesn't have an HOA, we do not want to pay someone so they can tell us what we can and can't do to our home. Who ever even came up with something so stupid and why are people willing to let someone dictate what they can and cannot do with something they OWN!!!

1 comment:

~The Magnific Mackeys~ said...

I am so happy that I found you...your blog I mean! Sweet! I will see you tomorrow. Your an awesome friend!