Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas is Almost Here!!

First off, let me just say that I love freshly fallen snow.
I hate it shortley afterward, but love a big snowstorm as it
is happening.
Second, Jaden's school Christmas program was today. They did
such a good job! Each grade sang two songs and then they did a
finale where every student came into the auditorium and sang Silent Night
and then signed it to the music.
I hope that they keep doing programs like these. It seems that now days
everyone is so afraid they are going to offend someone that you aren't allowed
to do anything anymore. Jaden has a great teacher this year though, she is by far
our favorite so far. They are making gingerbread houses on Friday and
actually do arts and crafts and gym class on a regular basis.
When I was a kid, this was just part of school, now it is nothing but testing.
No wonder kids don't seem to like school as much as they used to!
Zane did really good through the whole program, but started to cry when I put
him in his car seat so we could leave.
I tried to get pictures, but was too far away.
Last year I showed up ten minutes early and couldn't even find a seat.
This year I came thirty minutes early and found a seat in the
third row, but I was on the opposite side than Jaden was singing on.
Next year, maybe I will have to camp out!
Just kidding, but it seems that way because one person will show up
and want to save an entire row for their family.
I can see saving one seat, but not an entire row.
This year I didn't ask if they were saved, I just went and sat down.
The older I get, the braver I get.





1 comment:

vickicon said...

That sounds like a neat program!